Tuesday, June 8, 2010

How to Eat Chips

Sometimes, you really need junk food. When finals time comes around, I give myself a break and let myself eat crap. I feel like crap, so I need an equal food. So here is how you do it.

1. Buy smallest package of chips that you can find in that will satisfy the craving.

If it is prepackaged in a manageable portion, you CAN'T overeat them. Instead of eating 6 or 8 portions, you will only consume 1 or 2.


2. Pour them into a bowl.

I believe that the packaging hides the quantity from us. If we can see the massive amounts of chips, then we won't want to eat as much.

3. Put a paper towel under the chips in the bowl.

So this isn't actually doing that much, but it is absorbing some oils. The oils in chips are what make them so high in calories. Absorbing any is going to lower the calorie count a little. Its the same idea as patting down a piece of pizza with a napkin.

Tip: Use 2 sheets so that you can cover the chips when you don't want another one. Out of sign out of mind.

4. Don't watch TV with this bowl of tastiness.

If you are studying, or working, or reading, you will at least have to look down to eat. Every time you look down you are a bit more conscious of what you are putting in your mouth and you can enjoy it more. TV zaps your brain, and allows you toeat mindlessly. You can go from bowl to mouth without even thinking.

5. Enjoy them.

The whole point of junk food is to enjoy. Savor the flavor of them. I usually get Jalapeno or Barbecue flavor, and I get Kettle style because I like the crunch. Know what makes you tick. Don't bother if it isn't exactly what is going to make you happy. This is why I don't eat baked chips. This isn't a habit, its a treat. Treat is as such.

Weight-loss to date: down to 151 lbs from 157 lbs
Current BMI: 26.7

No comments:

Post a Comment