Saturday, May 22, 2010

Eat Stop Eat - Revisited


So it has been about a month since I began Eat Stop Eat, and I have revised my opinion of it. I still think that it would be a good idea for some people, but as a college student who is a little bit social, and has to be able to think straight everyday, it might not be the best program.

There are a lot of things about fasting intermittently that are beneficial, but finding time every week to not eat is much more difficult than I thought it would be. I think my main problem is thinking about food too much. I like eating and think it is an enjoyable activity.

Another problem with Eat Stop Eat is that it gives me an "excuse" to go over my calorie range during the rest of the week. Instead of thinking: "oh I shouldn't eat out tonight," I think: "I will just make tomorrow an Eat Stop Eat day." Then, the next day I most likely won't so the extra calories will just build up. I am trying to change my life, my habits, and my relationship with food, so Eat Stop Eat has become detrimental to my progress.

Maybe once I have raised my will power overall, Eat Stop Eat will be easier for me. For now, I need to focus on eating healthy foods, moderation, and staying within my calorie range every day.

Weight-loss to date: down to 151lbs from 157lbs (up 3lbs from last post)
Current BMI: 26.7

No comments:

Post a Comment