Thursday, August 27, 2009

The End of Two Weeks of Fast Break

I am at the end of my 2 weeks of Fast Break on Sparkpeople. I have been struggling so hard not to lose everything I have gained, but it is really difficult. I feel like I have gained all of my weight back. I am having significant problems with tracking and with moderating how much I eat. I feel like I have had a week long binge. It is discouraging. My consolation is that I still care, and I still try to log on to SparkPeople daily. If I can't track what I eat online, then I "log" in my head. I try to keep a running tally, but that is difficult, because I am not in a place mentally where I can eyeball servings yet, or even guess the health values of most foods.

On my honor, I swear that from this night forward, I will make a harder attempt to track before I eat, and to not "justify" in my head.

Last weekend was my undoing, and this weekend I will be in a similar situation, so I am making some guidelines. I shouldn't eat chips this weekend, so I won't. I shouldn't drink soda this weekend, so I won't. I shouldn't eat dessert this weekend, so I won't (unless there is a lemon bar in which case a bite or two should suffice). I can make better decisions for myself and feel good about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment