Saturday, October 3, 2009

Diet Trouble Shooting: Ice Cream Portioning

One of my biggest problems with food is portioning. I feel bad spending extra on pre-portioned packages, but at the same time, I feel bad when I over eat because things aren't portioned already.

Diet Trouble:
Last time I bought the Breyer's Double Churned carton was with Mark, my boy friend, because we intended to make root beer floats. We didn't actually do this. Instead the box stayed at my place and has called to me from the freezer until I couldn't take it anymore. After weeks of resisting, I totally gorged myself on it.

Diet Solution:
Next time I plan on getting ice cream for root beer floats with Mark, I will request that we buy 2 of those tiny, single serving packages instead of a whole carton. That way, if we don't eat it, I will only reach for 1 serving instead of 4 servings worth that I would have eaten out of the regular carton.

If I go to the store by myself and end up in the frozen foods section (aka Ice Cream section), I will look at the Skinny Cow products instead of the Breyers Double Churned.

If you have any other solutions let me know!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, portioning really matters in the end.

    especially with ice-cream. once i have some in my freezer, it won't leave my mind:)

    ReplyDelete