Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trying to Get to Healthy

Right now I am not at a healthy weight. I am in a BMI range that puts me at "overweight," so I am not being unreasonable. I am actually 15 lbs above the weight I was when I entered college... Thank you Freshman 15... I don't fit into clothes that were fine last year, which signals to me that changes need to be made. Taking this and how I feel, I am between 20 and 30lbs heavier that I want to be.

Where I am now doesn't feel healthy for me. I am winded going up stairs, I don't run anymore, I am almost so out of shape that backpacking is a problem. I used to be an extremely active person, and I am so sedentary that I scare myself sometimes.

I am serious about changing myself to be a healthier person, and make lasting habits that will last.

I tentatively started trying to be healthier in January. I have put some, but not much effort into changing my ways. However, I have lost 3 lbs and around 1.5 inches all around. If I did that without thinking too hard, imagine how healthy I will be with some effort! This has given me the motivation I needed to actually start changing my habits.

Wish me luck! and if you know me and want an exercise buddy... hit me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment